Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Starting at the thicker end of each chicken fillet, use a sharp knife to cut each through its centre into two thinner cutlets. Trim away any excess fat and season both sides of the chicken pieces.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add four of the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes, undisturbed, until you can see that the chicken is cooked about halfway through. Flip the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until cooked throughout and nicely browned all over. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and set aside to rest.
- Wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper and add the remaining olive oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Transfer to the plate with the other cooked chicken.
- Wipe out the pan again and return to a medium heat. Add the butter and, when melted, add the mushrooms and leeks along with a pinch of salt. Cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the wine and cook for two minutes. Add the cream, turn the heat to medium-high and cook for five minutes or until slightly reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken between serving plates and top with the sauce. Serve with baked or mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
Per serving: 519kcals, 33g fat (7.7g saturated), 12.6g carbohydrates, 3.8g sugars, 40.5g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.153g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes