2 tsp olive oil
2 medium leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
350g risotto rice
1L vegetable stock
25g cold butter, cubed
50g leftover blue cheese, crumbled
40g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the leeks and stir to coat in the oil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Season with a little salt and pepper, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the rice and stir for one minute until toasted.
- Add one ladleful of the vegetable stock and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Repeat, adding one ladleful of stock at a time, until the rice is cooked but still has a little bite to it – this will take about 15-20 minutes in total.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter and beat in with a wooden spoon until melted.
- Stir in the blue cheese and allow to melt. Season to taste, spoon into bowls and sprinkle over the toasted walnuts.
Per serving:531kcals, 20.2g fat (8.7g saturated), 79.9g carbs (4.2g sugars), 11.2g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.983g sodium