Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the vegetables:
For the lamb:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place all the vegetables in a large baking dish and drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper and toss to coat. Place the vegetables in the oven and roast for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Season the lamb cutlets well with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the lamb chops and use tongs to sit them standing up on their fatty edges. Cook for two minutes until the fat becomes golden and crispy, then lay the chops flat in the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium, or longer if you prefer lamb chops well done. Remove with tongs to a plate, cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat and add the red wine. Allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the balsamic vinegar and the rosemary and allow to simmer for another 4-5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Serve the lamb chops with the roasted vegetables and drizzle with the balsamic sauce.
Per serving: 691kcals, 33.1g fat (8.7g saturated), 16g carbs, 7.2g sugars, 74.3g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.289g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR