Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the glaze:
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Add the chicken and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread one chicken thigh onto two metal skewers, so that each skewer pierces one side of the thigh. Add a second thigh in the same manner. Repeat with the remaining thighs, using another six skewers. You should have four two-thigh portions in total.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, then begin flipping and painting with the glaze every 2-3 minutes until completely cooked throughout (20-25 minutes in total).
- Transfer to a serving plate and scatter with the spring onions. Serve with flatbreads, pittas or naan breads and some slaw.
Per Serving: 442kcals, 18.1g fat (4.1g saturated), 22.4g carbs (18.1g sugars), 46.3g protein, 2.2g fibre, 1.034g sodium
Top Tip: For a quick slaw to accompany these skewers, shred some red cabbage and dress it with a little olive oil and a splash of rice wine vinegar (any other vinegar will work, too)