500ml hot vegetable stock
3 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
100g kale, stalks removed, leaves
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
50g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
40g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
Sun-dried tomato pesto
Sweet potato fries
- 1 Place the quinoa in a saucepan over a low heat and pour over the hot stock. Simmer for 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and kale, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add the shallots and kale mixture, along with the breadcrumbs, eggs and sun-dried tomatoes. Season well and mix to combine. Using your hands, divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batched to avoid crowding the pan, cook the quinoa fritters for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat and top each quinoa fritter with crumbled goat’s cheese and grated Parmesan. Place under the hot grill for 10-20 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sun-dried tomato pesto, with sweet potato fries and some mixed leaves on the side.
Per Serving 405kcals, 20.2g fat (4.9g saturated), 45.5g carbs (2.5g sugars), 14.4g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.694g sodium