Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan over a low heat and pour over the hot stock. Simmer for 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and kale, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add the shallots and kale mixture, along with the breadcrumbs, eggs and sun-dried tomatoes. Season well and mix to combine. Using your hands, divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batched to avoid crowding the pan, cook the quinoa fritters for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat and top each quinoa fritter with crumbled goat’s cheese and grated Parmesan. Place under the hot grill for 10-20 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sun-dried tomato pesto, with sweet potato fries and some mixed leaves on the side.
Per serving: 405kcals, 20.2g fat (4.9g saturated), 45.5g carbs (2.5g sugars), 14.4g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.694g sodium
StartersFreezer-friendlyLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyCholesterol-friendly recipesLunch & snacksLow-fatHigh-proteinMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Starters
Smoked salmon & herby cream cheese bites by EUROSPAR