170g cream cheese, softened
25g Mozzarella, grated
25g Cheddar, grated
2 jalapeño peppers (or other green chillies), deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp taco seasoning
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken fillets
8 streaky bacon rashers
1-2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Corn on the cob
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Mozzarella, Cheddar, jalapeños, taco seasoning and some salt and black pepper.
- Use a sharp knife to slice horizontally into each chicken fillet, creating a pocket. Use a spoon to stuff each pocket with the cream cheese mixture.
- Secure the opening of each pocket with one or two cocktail sticks to ensure the filling doesn’t ooze out during cooking.
- Season the outside of the chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Place two of the streaky bacon rashers on a board, slightly overlapping. Roll one of the stuffed chicken fillets up tightly in the rashers, then place in the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets and rashers, placing each one in the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bacon is golden and crisp and the chicken is completely cooked through. Allow to rest for five minutes, then scatter with fresh coriander and serve with potato wedges and corn on the cob.
Per Serving 547kcals, 34g fat (15.3g saturated), 5.1g carbs (0.4g sugars), 51.8g protein, 0.3g fibre, 1.396g sodium