Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the jelly:
For the sponge:
- Break the jelly into pieces and place in a heatproof jug. Pour over the boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the jelly into a 20 x 24cm tray and allow to set in the fridge for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter or oil. Coat the insides with flour, tapping out the excess.
- For the sponge, whisk the egg and sugar together for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Gently fold in the flour. Place one heaped tablespoon of the sponge mixture into each hole of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until well risen and springy to the touch. Allow to cool.
- To assemble, use a 5cm circular pastry cutter to cut 12 discs of jelly. Place one disc of jelly on top of each sponge.
- Melt the chocolate according to package instructions. Spoon the melted chocolate over the tops of the biscuits. Use a fork to gently create a criss-cross pattern on the top of each biscuit.
- Place in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set for 3-5 minutes before serving. Per biscuit.
Per serving 117kcals, 6.4g fat (3.7g saturated), 13.4g carbs (9.3g sugars), 1.3g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.006g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies