250g Rich Tea biscuits
125g butter, melted
400g cream cheese, softened
150g caster sugar
250g sour cream
250ml whipped cream, plus extra to serve
Zest and juice of 1 large orange
80g dark chocolate, melted
For the topping:
16 kumquats, sliced and seeds removed
½ tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
30ml orange marmalade
Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark
- Grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed springform tin with parchment paper.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the tin. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating to incorporate.
- Stir in the sour cream and whipped cream.
- Stir in the orange zest, juice and melted chocolate until combined.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave to cool in the oven with the door ajar for two hours (this helps prevent the top from cracking). Chill the cheesecake in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the first five ingredients for the topping in a saucepan and simmer until translucent. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Allow to cool, then spoon over the top of the cheesecake.
Per Serving 567kcals, 42.8g fat (24.7g saturated), 40.2g carbs, 21.8g sugars, 8.1g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.227g sodium.