1 x 320g sheet of shortcrust pastry
300g rhubarb, roughly chopped
1 eating apple, peeled and diced
200g frozen raspberries
For the crumble topping:
140g plain flour
85g butter, chilled
50g light brown muscovado sugar
50g chopped nuts
Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/150 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Grease a standard muffin tin and with oil or melted butter, then dust with flour.
- Unroll the pastry. Use a pastry cutter slightly larger then the wells of the muffin tin to cut out 12 rounds.
- Carefully line each well of the muffin tin with a circle of pastry, gently pushing the pastry down right into the bottom corners. Line each one with a square of parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- To make the filling, place the rhubarb in a pot. Add the sugar and cook over a medium heat for five minutes until about halfway cooked. Remove from the heat and add the diced apple and frozen raspberries. Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases.
- To make the crumble, rub the flour and butter together with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, chopped nuts and orange zest.
- Scatter the crumble over the mini pies and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Per Serving 710kcals, 17.5g fat (9g saturated), 120.7g carbs (59.4g sugars), 20.4g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.35g sodium