100g plain yoghurt
3 tbsp Madras curry paste
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and black pepper
2 red onions, chopped
1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 x 1.4kg whole chicken
100ml chicken stock
Large handful of fresh coriander
Rice and/or naan
- In a bowl, mix together the yoghurt, curry paste and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Put the onions and peppers in a baking dish and place the chicken on top. Pour over the yoghurt mixture and set aside at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Pour the chicken stock into the dish around the chicken.
- Roast for one hour and 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a knife, basting twice during that time.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, tent loosely with foil and rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve the chicken and scatter with fresh coriander. Serve with the pan juices and vegetables, some rice and/or naan and some mango chutney.
Per Serving: 459kcals, 21.1g fat (4.3g saturated), 11.4g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 52.5g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.276g sodium