Makes 8 sandwiches
100g unsalted butter, softened
150g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
170g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
60g malted milk powder
For the filling:
400g vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place the Maltesers in a sandwich bag, seal the bag and crush them with a rolling pin, leaving some larger pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat to combine well.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and malted milk powder, mixing until it forms a dough. Stir in the Maltesers, taking care not crush the big chunks too much.
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball. Place on the prepared baking trays and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Bake the cookie balls for 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool on the trays for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- For the filling, stir the Maltesers into the ice cream. Spoon some ice cream onto one cookie and sandwich together with another. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Serve immediately, or return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Per serving: 423kcals, 18.8g fat (11.3g saturated), 58.8g carbs (37.6g sugars), 6.2g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.291g sodium