1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tsp paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green chilli, sliced
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and black pepper
4 medium eggs
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Boil the potatoes for 6-7 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a gentle heat. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking until the potatoes start to crisp.
- Add the paprika, garlic, sweetcorn and chilli and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- When the potatoes are tender, season with salt and black pepper. Make four wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs, making sure each egg is surrounded by the lovely potato mixture. Continue cooking until the egg is cooked but the yolk is soft, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve straight from the pan. Delicious served with crisp bread or corn chips.
Per Serving 247kcals, 8.9g fat (2g saturated), 27.5g carbs (7.5g sugars), 12g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.120g sodium
Prefer to see what you’re cooking in advance? We can help with that!
Recipe courtesy of Bord Bia