15g dark chocolate, chopped
250ml milk, or unsweetened almond milk
30ml espresso or 1 tsp instant coffee stirred together with 2 tbsp water
3 tbsp rolled oats
½ a ripe, medium banana
1 tsp chia seeds
2 tbsp water
- Place the dark chocolate in a jug and add the milk and coffee. Microwave until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Place the oats, banana, chia seeds and water in a smoothie maker or blender. Add a small splash of the chocolate milk mixture.
- Whizz for one minute until the oats and chia seeds are completely ground.
- Return the rest of the milk mixture to the microwave and heat further until hot, without letting it boil.
- Pour the blended oat mix into a travel cup and stir in the chocolate milk.
350kcals, 12.8g fat (6.7g saturated), 48g carbs (26.7g sugars), 13.3g protein, 5.7g fibre, 0.14g sodium