300g frozen chips
200g ground almonds
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
2 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
½ an onion, sliced
For the seasoning:
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp Chinese five spice
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chilli powder
Red and green chillies, sliced
- Cook the chips according to the package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, cumin and paprika. Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg to coat them thoroughly, then dredge them in the almond mixture.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken pieces until golden-brown on both sides and completely cooked throughout. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients.
- Toss the chicken, onion and chips together in a bowl and scatter over the seasoning mixture from a height. Toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with sliced red and green chillies and serve immediately.
Per serving: 814kcals, 39.2g fat (7.1g saturated), 62.3g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 54.9g protein, 10.6g fibre, 1.177g sodium