Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Mix water and sugar together in a small bowl, then stir in the yeast.
- Let mixture stand in a warm room for about five minutes until it looks foamy.
- Whisk the flour, butter and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yeast until combined.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour and knead the dough for about 7-10 minutes. The dough should be elastic and smooth, and should spring back when you poke it.
- Cut it into 12 equal pieces, then roll each between your hands into a rope about the thickness of a pencil.
- Twist each rope to make a pretzel, or any shape you like.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle over more salt, then bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with mustard for dipping.
Per serving: 197kcals, 4.8g fat (2.7g saturated), 32.8g carbs, 1.1g sugars, 4.8g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.191g sodium
Popular in Kids baking
Rice Krispie wreath