Makes 30-40 (depending on size)
250g porridge oats
250g self-raising wholemeal flour
110g soft brown sugar
½ tsp fine sea salt
Splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Put half of the oats into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds. They don’t need to be as fine as flour but it is nice to have a mix of whole oat flakes and some that are finer.
- Rub the butter into the wholemeal flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats, sugar, salt and a little milk at a time until it all comes together as a slightly sticky dough.
- Dust with flour and press into a disc about 5cm thick. Wrap in cling film or beeswax paper and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. Remove from the fridge, dust with more flour and roll out to roughly 3-4mm thick.
- Cut the biscuits into whatever shape you like. We found squares handy for the s’mores.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown at the edges and slightly lighter in colour on top, keeping an eye on them so they don’t get too dark.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before storing or eating straight away!
99kcals, 5.6g fat (3.3g saturated), 10.8g carbs (2.7g sugars), 1.6g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.068g sodium