Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the caramel sauce
For the ice cream
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ To make the caramel sauce:
- Put the sugar in a heavy-based pan with 100ml water.
- Gently heat until melted, then bubble – swirling the pan, but not stirring – until the mixture turns a rich caramel colour.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter
- Whisk in the cream until combined. Stir in the salt flakes, if you want to make this a salted caramel sauce. Pour into a heatproof container and chill until needed.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about five minutes until thick and quite stiff.
- Remove the caramel sauce from the fridge, microwaving or heating gently in a pan to loosen if necessary.
- Swirl through the caramel sauce, reserving some for serving.
- Spoon into a dish, lunch box or loaf tin. Cover and place in the freezer until set.
- Allow the ice cream to soften slightly on the counter before scooping. Use an ice cream scoop dipped into some boiling water to make it easier to serve on its own or covered in your favourite toppings.
Per serving 595kcals, 43.6g fat (27.2g saturated), 48.5g carbs (45.9g sugars), 5.9g protein, 0g fibre, 0.275g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Tom yum soup with prawns