Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the filling:
For the shells:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cannoli filling. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving.
- Combine the flour and baking powder for the shells in a bowl. In another bowl, work the butter, sugar and vanilla together with a wooden spoon for about two minutes. Add the wine and egg. Mix well.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough forms a ball. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about five minutes.
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 190°C. Line a baking tray with kitchen paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a sheet about 3mm thick. Cut into 8cm squares.
- Lay the metal handle of a whisk diagonally across a dough square. Pull one corner of the dough square over the tube, brush with egg, and pull a second corner over the tube, overlapping the first and pressing to seal.
- Fry each shell, still on the whisk handle, for about two minutes. Drain on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let cool completely before removing the tube.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large nozzle, pipe the filling into the shells. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Per Serving: 196kcals, 11.2g fat (4g saturated), 18.6g carbs (8.8g sugars), 4.8g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.053g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat