2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks
Salt and black pepper
200g sirloin steak
½ a head of broccoli, chopped into florets
Juice of ½ a lemon
3 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the sweet potatoes. Boil for 4-5 minutes until just barely tender. Drain well.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until slightly crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, pat the steaks dry with kitchen paper. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the steaks to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes have 15 minutes left in the oven, push them to one side of the baking tray. Place the broccoli on the other side, drizzle with olive oil and season. Return the tray to the oven for the final 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide the roasted sweet potatoes between two plates. Squeeze some lemon juice over the broccoli and sprinkle over the pine nuts, then return to the oven for two minutes while you slice the steaks against the grain. Add the steaks and lemon broccoli to the plates and serve immediately.
Per serving: 530kcals, 22.6g fat (4.2g saturated), 47.2g carbs, 2.3g sugars, 35.9g protein, 8g fibre, 0.175g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Use lamb chops in place of the steak, if preferred.