1 tsp olive oil
1 large knob of butter
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried thyme
10 black peppercorns
1 potato, peeled and chopped
300g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
salt and black pepper
4 tbsp créme fraiche
fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-7 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns, stir together and cook for one minute.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms and stock. Stir everything together and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the rest until smooth using a stick blender or in the bowl of a food processor.
- If using a food processor, return the soup to the pan. Place it back over the heat and bring to a boil. Add the milk and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and add a swirl of crème fraîche and chopped parsley.
Per Serving 166kcals, 9.7g fat (5.2g saturated), 16.5g carbs, 4.7g sugars, 5.3g protein, 3g fibre, 0.306g sodium