300g icing sugar
200g ground almonds
70g unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
6 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line the bottom and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper, letting it hang over the edges of the tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, ground almonds, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla until the mixture forms soft peaks. Gently fold in the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to scrape the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes until the top of the brownie is crisp and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. Run a knife around the sides of the tin to loosen the brownie, then use the overhanging parchment paper to lift it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 16 squares to serve.
161kcals, 6.9g fat (0.8g saturated), 23.9g carbs, 19.1g sugars, 4.4g protein, 3g fibre, 0.021g sodium