For the marinade:
3 tbsp harissa
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken thighs, bones and skins removed, cut into 2cm-thick strips
For the garlic and mint sauce:
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of ½ a lemon
5 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- In a sealable bag, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken, then seal the bag and squash until all of the chicken pieces are covered in the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least three hours, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat the barbecue (or a griddle pan brushed with vegetable oil) to a medium heat. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes if wooden). Discard the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until completely cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken skewers. Serve with flatbreads and salad.
Per serving: 636kcals, 44.9g fat (4.1g saturated), 29.8g carbs, 23.6g sugars, 37.4g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.978g sodium