20g cocoa powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
120g natural creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
120g unsweetened apple sauce
200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor until they are finely ground. Add to a medium bowl with the cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in the apple sauce and the egg until just combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Fold in half of the chopped chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top and bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly puffy but still fudgy in the centre.
Per Serving 187kcals, 10.3g fat (4.6g saturated), 19.3g carbs, 14.6g sugars, 5.4g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.137g sodium