Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put the pecans in a small pan over a medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the honey and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the nuts are browned and glazed, shaking the pan from time to time. Spread the nuts out on a sheet of parchment paper, then set aside.
- Put the shallots in a non-metallic bowl and add the vinegar, sugar and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine well, then set aside for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad leaves, herbs, pecans and pickled shallots. When ready to serve, add the extra-virgin olive oil and the reserved pickling liquid and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat. Lightly brush one side of the baguette slices with olive oil. Place under the grill, oiled side up, for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Turn the slices over and top each one with a slice of goat’s cheese. Place back under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Warm the remaining honey in a microwave- proof jug for 20-30 seconds until loosened.
- Divide the tossed salad amongst four serving plates. Top with the cheese toasts, drizzle with the warm honey and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 367kcals, 24.1g fat (9.3g saturated), 28.6g carbs (16.3g sugars), 11.6g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.343g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge