Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with four of the garlic cloves, the basil, the extra-virgin olive oil and some seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the remaining garlic clove in half and rub the cut surfaces all over the aubergine slices. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Toast the slices of bread on the barbecue until crisp. Set aside.
- Grill the slices of aubergine for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Top the toasted bread with the grilled aubergine and add 1-2 tbsp of the tomato-basil mixture to each one.
- Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Per serving: 272kcals, 20g fat (2.8g saturated), 23.7g carbs, 11g sugars, 4.6g protein, 8.2g fibre, 0.116g sodium
TOP TIP: Don’t assemble these until just before you serve them, so that the bread doesn’t go soggy.
MAKE IT YOURS: Tear over a ball of fresh Mozzarella for an added dimension of flavour and texture.