Serves 2 as a lunch or starter
For the baked feta:
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 sheets of filo pastry
Olive oil, for brushing
1 block of Aran Islands Feta-Style Goat’s Cheese, halved
2 tsp honey
For the salad:
Juice of ½ an orange
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
Salt and black pepper
Small bunch of fresh dill, roughly chopped
Small bunch of fresh coriander or mint, torn
2 generous handfuls of mixed leaves
3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
30g pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium-low heat for about two minutes, shaking the pan frequently and watching carefully to ensure they don’t burn. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of filo on the work surface and brush all over with the olive oil. Place one piece of goat’s feta in the centre at one end of the filo. Fold the sides in the pastry over the cheese, then fold the cheese over until encased in the filo. Brush the outsides with olive oil and place on the prepared baking tray, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining filo and feta.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and honey. Whisk well to combine, then season to taste. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Drizzle the baked goat’s feta with the honey and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the herby side salad.
Per serving 629kcals, 40.9g fat (12.4g saturated), 49.9g carbs (17.3g sugars), 18.4g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.594g sodium