Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the chicken:
For the flour mixture:
For the waffles:
For the maple syrup:
- Place the chicken between two sheets of cling film and pound with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until thin.
- Combine the chicken, buttermilk and spices in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour mixture ingredients.
- Fill a heavy-based saucepan half full with oil and heat until hot. Place a wire rack on top of a baking tray. Preheat the oven to a low setting.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and coat each piece in the flour mixture. Working in batches, fry the chicken in the hot oil for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to the wire rack and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- For the waffles, in a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites to for stuff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- Whisk the dry ingredients and buttermilk mix together. Fold in the egg whites until combined.
- Heat a waffle iron and coat with the butter and cook the waffles in batches.
- Mix together the softened butter and syrup, then serve over the chicken and waffles.
Per serving: 682kcals, 28.6g fat (8.1g saturated), 66.8g carbs (8.1g sugars), 37.6g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.168g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR