Makes about 30
125g butter, softened
100g brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g gluten-free flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
½ tsp gluten-free bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together. Add the golden syrup and egg and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine thoroughly. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Remove the dough from the fridge and knead on a well-floured work surface until just soft.
- Roll out to ½cm thick and cut into desired shapes using a biscuit cutter. Place on a large baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the biscuits to cool on the baking tray for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool, decorate with icing.
Per Serving 83kcals, 3.7g fat (2.2g saturated), 12.2g carbs, 4.2g sugars, 0.7g protein, 1g fibre, 0.108g sodium