Makes 1 jar
100ml coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
300g rolled oats (we like a mix of jumbo oats and regular porridge oats)
100g mixed seeds
150g mixed nuts
100g dried fruit
30g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/150 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave, then pour into a large bowl. Stir the honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, seeds and nuts and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola evenly over two baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes, then use a wooden spoon to stir the granola, mixing it thoroughly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes longer until golden brown all over, stirring every five minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir in the dried fruit and coconut and allow to cool.
- Portion into jars or bags for friends and family. You can add a tag with serving suggestions, e.g. “Enjoy with cold milk or yoghurt, or sprinkle over your porridge.”