Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the glaze:
- Place the ham, treacle, peppercorns, bay leaves and ginger in a large pot. Add half of the pineapple juice and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring slowly to a boil, skimming off any white foam from the surface. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer very gently for about two hours until cooked through.
- Remove the ham, reserving some of the liquid, and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the ham in the Pyrex® Magic Rectangular Roaster. Use a small sharp knife to strip off the skin. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut into the meat. Stud the intersections with cloves. Pour the remaining pineapple juice into the bottom of the roaster around the ham.
- In a small pot, mix together the glaze ingredients and heat over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Brush most of the glaze over the ham.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown; every 20 minutes, baste the ham with the cooking liquid and brush with a little more of the glaze.
- Turn the heat up to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 6 and cook for a final 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Per serving 564kcals, 21.5g fat (0g saturated), 18.1g carbs, 15.1g sugars, 71.9g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.007g sodium
Pyrex® is a trademark of Corning Incorporated used under licence by International Cookware.
Dairy-freeChristmasDinnerFreezer-friendlyEasterSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Dairy-free
Tom yum soup with prawns