1 tsp instant espresso powder
1 tbsp hot water
120g dark chocolate, chopped
120ml sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
300ml double cream
- In a small bowl, stir the espresso powder and hot water together until dissolved.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and add the condensed milk, espresso, vanilla and salt. Stir together, then microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted, stopping to stir every 20 seconds. The mixture will form a thick paste. Set aside.
- Place the cream in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it thickens and starts to form soft peaks.
- Gently whisk one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until completely incorporated.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the mousse to a loaf tin or freezer-safe container. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, sit at room temperature for 8-10 minutes, then scoop into bowls and serve.
Per Serving 274kcals, 20.2g fat (12.9g saturated), 20.5g carbs, 18.3g sugars, 3.5g protein, 0.5g fibre, 1.07g sodium
You could also divide the mousse into individual serving glasses and freeze like that – just make sure the containers are freezer-friendly.