16 slices of gluten-free bread, halved on a diagonal
150g brown sugar
120g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
1½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with butter. Place half of the bread slices into the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour half of the mixture over the bread. Repeat the layers again.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and set.
- Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar and some maple syrup.
405kcals, 20.9g fat (9.5g saturated), 46.5g carbs, 20.2g sugars, 5.4g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.153g sodium