Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 16cm high-sided springform tin and line with parchment paper.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the hazelnuts in a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Set aside two tablespoons of the hazelnuts for garnishing. Place the remaining hazelnuts and cocoa powder into a food processor and blitz until finely ground.
- Beat the egg yolks and 180g of the sugar in a mixing bowl for five minutes until thick and creamy.
- Beat in the melted chocolate mixture, vanilla extract and whiskey (if using). Stir in the cocoa-hazelnut mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate clean, dry bowl for five minutes until still peaks form. Beat in the remaining sugar until the mixture is glossy.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chop the reserved hazelnuts. Serve the cake with whipped cream, a dusting of cocoa powder and the chopped hazelnuts.
Per Serving 456kcals, 33g fat (13.6g saturated), 35.9g carbs, 31.4g sugars, 8.1g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.139g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Harissa chicken thighs