Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130˚C fan/gas mark. Grease and line a round 18cm cake tin.
- Place the coconut milk, chocolate and honey into a bowl. Place a saucepan containingg 2-3cm of barely-simmering water over a low heat and sit the bowl into the saucepan, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir continuously until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl, then whisk in the ground almonds until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, stirring to incorporate. Once well combined, pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Place the cake tin into a roasting dish. Pour the hot water into the roasting dish until it reaches half way up the sides of the cake tin. Bake for 70 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the cake tin from the water. Allow the cake to cool in its tin until it comes to room temperature, then place in it the fridge to cool overnight.
- When ready to serve, run a knife under boiling water and use this to loosen the cake from its tin and to slice it.
Per serving: 655kcals, 52.7g fat (8.6g saturated), 33.3g carbs, 11.2g sugars, 16.5g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.052g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes