Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the mushroom ceviche:
For the steaks:
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the mushroom ceviche. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours for the flavours to combine, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the fillet steaks from the fridge 30-40 minutes before cooking. Crush the black and green peppercorns in a pestle and mortar, then stir them into the butter.
- Season the steaks with salt. Rub the peppercorn butter all over each steak.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Cook the steaks for four minutes per side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom ceviche and some mixed leaves.
Note: rapeseed oil can be used as an alternative to olive oil, if you wish.
Per serving: 688kcals, 47.4g fat (22.3g saturated), 10.9g carbs (4.3g sugars), 58.7g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.3g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Lidl – they also came up with this delicious Balsamic steak salad.
Gluten-freeBeefDinnerDiabetic-friendlySpecial OccasionsFamily mealsFree-fromQuick and easyDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Roast leg of lamb with spring vegetables