For the mushroom ceviche:
600g button mushrooms
140ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
40ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
50ml olive or rapeseed oil
1 shallot, very thinly sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Salt and black pepper
For the steaks:
4 x Inisvale Fillet Steaks
1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
1 tbsp whole green peppercorns
30g butter, at room temperature
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the mushroom ceviche. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours for the flavours to combine, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the fillet steaks from the fridge 30-40 minutes before cooking. Crush the black and green peppercorns in a pestle and mortar, then stir them into the butter.
- Season the steaks with salt. Rub the peppercorn butter all over each steak.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Cook the steaks for four minutes per side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom ceviche and some mixed leaves.
Per serving: 688kcals, 47.4g fat (22.3g saturated), 10.9g carbs (4.3g sugars), 58.7g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.3g sodium