Makes 10-12 biscuits
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the biscuit dough:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until it comes together. Use your hands to gather the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
- To make the filling, add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the figs have softened.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend to a paste. Spread the mixture into a tray and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilled dough and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough out to a rectangle about 5mm thick, then cut in half to form two long rectangles.
- Halve the fig filling and roll into two 25cm long sausages, using floured hands to stop it from sticking.
- Place one sausage of filling in the middle of one piece of biscuit dough. Lift one side of the biscuit over the filling. Brush the edge with a little water and stick it along the edge of the filling.
- Seal in the filling and use a sharp knife to cut along the edge. Repeat with the remaining filling and biscuit dough.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll of biscuit into six equal pieces.
- Transfer to the prepared trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Per serving 152kcals, 4g fat (2.3g saturated), 27.4g carbs (13.4g sugars), 2.6g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.033g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies