160g soft goat’s cheese, rind removed
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry
Runny honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and line a large baking tray with
- Cut the figs into quarters. Squeeze the edges gently to open them out a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat’s cheese, thyme and a few generous cracks of
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry and cut into four equal strips lengthways. Cut each strip
into five equal pieces. Use the tip of a sharp knife to mark a border around ½cm in from
the edge of each square, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place on the prepared baking tray.
- Spoon the goat’s cheese mixture onto the pastry squares, staying inside the borders.
Place a fig in the middle of each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed.
- Allow to cool a little before eating. Drizzle with a little runny honey just before serving,
Per Serving 155kcals, 8.6g fat (3g saturated), 15.9g carbs (3.3g sugars), 3.2g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.077g sodium