Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan over a medium-high heat. Brown the lamb on all sides, then remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the mustard seeds, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and bay leaves and sizzle for 30-40 seconds.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the onions and cook for 7-8 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, garam masala and turmeric.
- Add the stock and browned lamb. Cover the pan and simmer for about 1½-2 hours until the lamb is very tender, stirring and scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add a splash of water if the curry starts to look too dry.
- Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in the yoghurt and immediately divide the curry between serving bowls.
- Serve with basmati rice, naan and some extra yoghurt.
Per serving: 499kcals, 34.4g fat (13.9g saturated) 17.9g carbohydrates, 6.3g sugars, 30.7g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.205g sodium
DinnerFreezer-friendlyIndianDiabetic-friendlyCurrySpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesSlow cookerDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Indian
Quick prawn korma