Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the falafels:
- In a food processor, whizz the shallots, carrots and garlic until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and cumin. Season with salt and black pepper and whizz for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and paprika and process again until fully combined into a stiff mixture.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions. Use wet hands to shape each portion into a patty.
- Place 1-2 cubes of Feta in the centre of each patty and encase the cheese with the mixture, ensuring the patties keep their shape.
- Place the burgers in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Brush each burger with olive oil and place on the barbecue. Cook the falafel patties for 10 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy, brushing occasionally with extra oil.
- Remove from the barbecue and serve with fattoush.
Per serving: 278kcals, 14.3g fat (3.9g saturated), 26.6g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 10.4g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.341g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
For a dairy-free option, simply omit the Feta.
Popular in Dairy-free
Three bean pesto salad with rocket