Makes 4 cups (approx.)
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Remove the roast from the roasting pan and put aside to rest.
- Pour the juices from the pan into a jug and allow to settle. Discard the clear fat from the top and pour the dark juices back into the roasting pan. Place on the hob over a medium-high heat.
- Add the wine. Spend 1-2 minutes scraping sticky bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, jug or cup, dissolve the cornflour in just enough water to make a thin paste. Spoon this paste into the drippings in the roasting pan and use a wire whisk, wooden spoon or spatula to blend together well.
- Stir until the gravy begins to thicken. As it thickens, slowly add the stock. Alternate stirring and adding liquid for about 5-6 minutes, aiming for your desired consistency. Add your herb of choice, if using, season and serve.
Per Serving 76kcals, 6.5g fat (3.9g saturated), 3.3g carbs, 0g sugars, 0.7g protein, 0g fibre, 0.452g sodium.
ChickenChristmasDinnerEasterMother’s DayFather’s DaySpecial OccasionsFamily mealsSunday roastQuick and easyComfort food
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes