2 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and black pepper
1 celery stalk
Small handful of chives
8 slices wholegrain bread
Butter, at room temperature
1 head of baby gem lettuce, washed
- Put the eggs in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them by about 2cm. Add a splash of vinegar.
- Put the pan over a medium-high heat and start timing as soon as the water reaches a brisk simmer. Let the eggs cook for eight minutes, then remove from the heat.
- When the eggs are cooked, carefully pour out most of the hot water, leaving the eggs in the pan. Set the pan in the sink under cool running water for a few minutes until the eggs are barely warm.
- Peel the shells off the eggs.
- In a medium size bowl, mash the eggs and mix in the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the celery into small chunks. Use a scissors to snip the chives. Add the celery and chives to the eggs. Stir to combine well.
- Spread the butter on the slices of bread. Lay a bed of lettuce leaves on four slices of bread. Spoon the egg mixture on top of the lettuce. Use the remaining slices of bread to top the sandwiches.
Per serving: 324kcals, 17.3g fat (6.3g saturated), 27.2g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 14.9g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.484g sodium