Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- In the grease left in the pan, cook the onion over a medium heat until softened.
- Stir the onion and bacon into the mashed potato along with a handful of the leftover greens such as kale or cabbage.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish and use the back of a small spoon to make 4-6 depressions in the potato; each one should be big enough to hold an egg.
- Crack the egg into each hole and scatter some grated Cheddar across the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until just set.
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter