1 x 320g sheet of rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
Flour, for dusting
1 egg, beaten
300g strawberries, hulled and sliced
20g flaked almonds
For the filling:
50g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
Zest of 1 orange
For the jam:
5 tbsp strawberry jam
2 tbsp orange juice
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then slice into three strips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Transfer the pastry to the tray and prick all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and crisp. Set the pastry aside to cool at room temperature.
- Beat the Mascarpone and cream together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar and orange zest until combined.
- Stir the jam and orange juice together in a small bowl until combined.
- Place one pastry sheet on a serving platter and spread over half of the jam mixture. Top with half of the cream, then arrange half of the strawberries over the top.
- Repeat these layers and top with the last pastry sheet. Finish with a sprinkling of flaked almonds and a dusting of icing sugar.
Per Serving 387kcals, 21.6g fat (6.9g saturated), 40.9g carbs, 8.9g sugars, 8g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.136g sodium