Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-low heat. Cook the onions, thyme and some salt and black pepper for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent but not brown.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato puré Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add the beef mince, breadcrumbs and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork until just combined; do not over-mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray and shape into a rectangular loaf.
- In a small bowl, mix the ketchup and mustard together. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf in the oven. Fill a baking tin with hot water and place on the bottom shelf of the oven; this will prevent the top of the meatloaf from cracking. Bake for 1¼ hours or until cooked throughout.
- Allow the meatloaf to cool, then slice. Wrap the slices individually and use to make sandwiches through the week.
Per serving: 332kcals, 12.1g fat (3.7g saturated), 12.1g carbs, 5.1g sugars, 41.6g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.382g sodium
Popular in Low-fat
Easy tapas platter