Tools you’ll need:
Large mixing bowl
Non-stick frying pan
Ladle or tablespoon, or a squeezy bottle
For the pancake batter:
200g self-raising flour, sifted
50g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
2 eggs, beaten
Butter, for cooking
- Whisk the flour, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until smooth.
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat some butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Fill a tablespoon with batter and carefully drizzle batter onto the griddle to make two big, round eyes and a happy smile, or fill a squeezy bottle with the batter for easier decorating to make a dog, a heart or a star.
- Fill out the design and cook until bubbles begin to form.
- Spoon batter over the eyes and mouth to make a regular round pancake.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles begin to form and break. Carefully flip the pancake and cook for another 30 seconds until the other side is lightly golden brown.
Per Serving 82kcals, 2.8g fat (1.6g saturated), 11.1g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 2.9g protein, 0g fibre, 0.048g sodium