4 chicken fillets
1 onion, thinly sliced
120ml soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free
60ml rice vinegar
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
1½ tbsp cornflour
Toasted sesame seeds
Spring onions, chopped
Soba noodles or rice
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film. Use a rolling pin to pound them just until they are an even thickness, but without pounding them too thin. Arrange the chicken fillets in the bottom of the baking dish and scatter over the onion.
- In a bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove from the oven. Slice the chicken, then transfer to a serving plate with the onions. Set aside.
- Transfer the teriyaki sauce from the baking dish to a saucepan set over a medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water and cornflour until the cornflour is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cornflour mixture into the teriyaki sauce and whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let boil for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions, then serve with soba noodles or rice.
Per serving: 406kcals, 10.3g fat (2.8g saturated), 33.7g carbs, 25.1g sugars, 42g protein, 1.4g fibre, 1.983g sodium