950ml chicken stock
2 chicken fillets
5 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
½ an onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bay leaf
200g spaghetti, broken into 4cm pieces
120g frozen peas
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the stock, chicken fillets, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken fillets using a slotted spoon and place on a cutting board.
- Return the stock to a boil and add the pasta. Boil for 7-8 minutes or until cooked to al dente. Add the peas.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken, then return it to the pot. Add the parsley and some salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, reheat the soup to a gentle simmer. Ladle into warmed bowls.
Per serving: 233kcals, 4.6g fat (1.1g saturated), 28.4g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 19.1g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.63g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS: You can also make this using leftover roast chicken. With this method, bring the stock and vegetables to a boil. Simmer for five minutes, then add the pasta. When the pasta is almost cooked, stir in the cooked chicken, parsley and seasoning
TOP TIP: Make this soup coeliac-friendly by using gluten-free stock and gluten-free spaghetti.