1 x 320g sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
120g apple sauce
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp golden caster sugar
⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry in half lengthways using a sharp knife.
- Cut each pastry half into quarters. You should now have eight pieces of pastry.
- In a bowl, mix the apple sauce and cinnamon together.
- Divide the apple sauce equally between four of the pastry pieces. Spread the sauce down the centre of each pastry piece, leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Brush the border around the edge of the pastry pieces with the milk.
- Place the remaining pastry pieces gently on top of the apple sauce, carefully lining up the edges. Press the edges of the pastries together firmly with a fork to seal.
- Place the turnovers on the lined baking tray.
- Mix the sugar and extra cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Brush the tops of the turnovers with milk and sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the turnovers for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and continue to cook for a further five minutes, or until the turnovers are well risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Per serving: 462kcals, 30.6g fat (7.8g saturated), 40.9g carbs, 4.9g sugars, 6.1g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.203g sodium