Makes 9 large or 16 small
For the cookie base:
115g butter, softened
125g light brown sugar
1 tsp Taylor and Colledge Organic Vanilla Bean Extract
225g plain flour
1 tbsp cornflour
½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
½ tsp salt
50g Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips
50g Dr. Oetker Dark Chocolate Chips
50g Dr. Oetker White Chocolate Chips
For the caramel:
75g caster sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
300g condensed milk
1 tsp salt
150g Dr. Oetker (35%) Milk Chocolate
50g Dr. Oetker (26%) White Chocolate
Mini Eggs/chocolate eggs of your choice (optional)
Dr. Oetker Gold Shimmer Spray (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- First, make the cookie base. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir through the flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie dough is still a little wet to the touch. Allow to cool fully.
- For the caramel layer, put the butter, sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk into a large pot over a medium heat. Stir the mix continuously, until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn up the heat and boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring all the time to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Once the caramel is golden in colour and has thickened to a soft fudge consistency, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the salt, then pour the caramel over the cookie base and leave to cool for 1 hour or until just set.
- In two separate bowls, melt the chocolate according to package instructions.
- Spread the melted milk chocolate over the caramel layer and add some dollops of melted white chocolate on top. Using a skewer or the back of a spoon, swirl the chocolate to give a marble effect.
- Option to scatter a mix of chocolate eggs and mini eggs on top to decorate.
- Once decorated, allow the chocolate to set in the fridge for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy. These will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight tin.
TOP TIP: To add some fun, use Dr. Oetker Gold Shimmer Spray to lightly coat some of the chocolate eggs on top.
Recipe proudly brought to you by