1 x 2kg leg of lamb
Sea salt and black pepper
1 large bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
1 garlic clove, peeled
150ml olive oil
600g new potatoes, quartered
100g fennel, trimmed and thickly sliced
225g carrots, thickly sliced
100g leeks, thickly sliced
200g courgettes, thickly sliced
250g asparagus, trimmed to 6cm lengths
1 tbsp plain flour
15g butter, at room temperature
200ml hot chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Score the lamb all over and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the mint and garlic in a food processor and pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly stream in most of the oil and combine until a paste forms (leave about two tablespoons of the oil for later). Brush the mint mixture over the lamb and roast for one hour, brushing regularly.
- Add the vegetables to a large roasting tray and drizzle over the reserved oil. Season well and roast in the oven with the lamb for 35-45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the lamb is cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to rest.
- Remove the lamb from the tin and set aside. Strain any fat from the tin, then add the roasting tin to the hob over a medium-high heat. Mash together the flour and butter, then whisk into the tin.
- Whisk in the hot chicken and simmer until thickened.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the roasted vegetables and gravy.
Per serving: 722kcals, 37.9g fat (10.1g saturated), 20.5g carbs (3.8g sugars), 73.3g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.338g sodium